Safety Goggles provide enhanced eye protection due to their comprehensive seal around the eye. Safety Goggles provide protection for both the eye and surrounding ocular area from impact, dust, airborne particles, liquids, chemicals and vapours (model dependant).
Showing 1–28 of 72 results
Safety Goggles are the Ultimate Choice for when an Extra Level of Eye Protection is Required
Safety Goggles provide additional eye protection when compared to Safety Glasses. Through their design, Safety Goggles provide a more comprehensive seal around the eye and provide protection for both the eye and surrounding ocular area from dust, airborne particles, liquids, chemicals and vapours (model dependant). Safety Goggles are used across many industries including industrial, manufacturing, mining, construction, agriculture, healthcare, military, law enforcement and emergency services.
Use of Safety Goggles in the Workplace
The risks and hazards that give rise to the need for Safety Goggles vary across industries. In dusty environments or when a task generates excessive airborne particles, Safety Goggles provide an effective protective measure for preventing particles entering the ocular region and causing eye irritation. Safety Goggles can also provide effective protection from chemical splashes and many Safety Goggles are approved for protection from chemical splashes. In some instances, eye protection is also required from chemical vapours generated from handling chemicals which certain Safety Goggles can provide. Full Face Respirators are generally the optimum choice when working with chemical vapours and gases.
Recently, Safety Goggles have also become a popular choice for healthcare workers that are exposed to liquid splashes, airborne droplets and especially for Covid-19 protection. Safety Goggles can also be manufactured from heat resistant materials that make them suitable for fire fighting. Fire Fighting Goggles are regularly used by fire fighters, volunteer bush fire brigades, emergency services, farmers & rural property owners.
Safety Standards Certified
All Safety Goggles supplied by Boost Safety & Workwear meet or exceed Safety Standards including Australian, European, US, Canadian and international standards. Please refer to the specifications table and the product data sheet (both on the product page) which outline the standards that the product complies with and has been certified under.
Safety Goggles Lens Tints
- Clear Lenses: Provide maximum light transmission and can be used indoors, outdoors and in low light conditions.
- Tinted Lenses: Tinted Safety Goggles with tinted lenses provide a great option for outdoor use. Tinted Safety Goggles are available with either a fully tinted lens (similar to a sunglass lens) for use in bright sunny conditions, or a lightly tinted lens for use in all lighting conditions both indoors and outdoors.
- Indoor / Outdoor Lenses: Tinted Safety Goggles with indoor/outdoor lenses are just as versatile as clear Safety Goggles. These Tinted Safety Goggles can be used indoors, as well as outdoors where they provide an additional level of comfort by dimming the effects of bright sunlight.
Types of Safety Goggles
Safety Goggles come in a variety of different designs to cater for personal preferences and increased wearer comfort.
- Full Size Safety Goggles: The largest of the designs and provide complete protection around the eye and associated ocular area.
- Low Profile Safety Goggles: Designed to be slightly smaller and lighter so they are more comfortable when worn for extended periods of time. Low Profile Safety Goggles also provide complete protection around the eye and associated ocular area.
- Hybrid Safety Goggles: Are uniquely designed to fit more like Safety Glasses, however have a better seal around the eyes when compared to Positive Seal Foam Safety Glasses.
Ventilation Designs for Safety Goggles
Safety Goggles can be supplied with different ventilation systems depending on their use. The chosen ventilation system is important as the ventilation assists to reduce the Safety Goggles fogging up and also provide a comfortable climate for the eye behind the Safety Goggles lens. We carry Safety Goggles with all types of ventilation systems including:
- Vented Safety Goggles: Direct vents on the top, bottom, or top and bottom of the Safety Goggles body
- Indirect Vented Safety Goggles: Indirect vents on the top, bottom, or top and bottom of the Safety Goggles body
- Top Vent Reduced Safety Goggles: Usually reduced venting on the top vents with no change to the bottom vents
- Top & Bottom Vent Reduced Safety Goggles: Reduced venting on the top and bottom vents
- Top Vent Closed Safety Goggles: Usually top vents are sealed, with the bottom vents remaining open
- Sealed Safety Goggles: No vents on the Safety Goggles body. Can also be referred to as sealed or fully sealed
Lens Technologies for Safety Goggles
Due to the tough environments and tasks Safety Goggles are exposed to, Safety Goggles are regularly supplied with anti-scratch coatings, anti-fog coatings or both. The inclusion of these coating depends on the model selected and targeted application.
Anti-scratch Coating for Safety Goggles
Anti-scratch coatings are applied to one or both sides of the Safety Goggles lenses to improve the scratch resistancy of the lens material. Key benefits include:
- Increased resistance to lens scratching
- Longer useful life of lenses and safety goggles
- Lenses in Safety Goggles are easier to clean and less susceptible to dirt
- Ideal in all environments, particularly where there is a high exposure to dirt
Anti-fog Coating for Safety Goggles
Anti-fog coatings are designed to assist Safety Goggles not fogging up particularly in hot, humid conditions or where other PPE is being worn such as a Disposable Face Mask. Anti-fog coatings can be applied to one or both sides of the lenses. Key benefits include:
- Reduced fogging of Safety Goggles lenses
- Decreases the need for workers to remove Safety Goggles to wipe off fog
Final Tip to Ensure Eye Protection from Safety Goggles
Did you know, the better the sealing of the Safety Goggles around the eyes, the higher the level of protection against dust, airborne particles, liquids, chemicals and vapours!
Safety Goggles Replacement
Workers should regularly examine the condition of their Safety Goggles carefully. If the frame, rubber seal or lens is distorted, damaged or has a hole, the Safety Goggles can no longer protect them effectively and should be thrown out and replaced. Many Safety Goggles have removable lenses, meaning if the lens is worn, but the goggle body still ok, just the lens can be replaced. Check out our range of Safety Goggles Replacement Lenses.
Capabilities & Services
At Boost Safety & Workwear, we supply Safety Goggles, Protective Eyewear, PPE, Workwear & Workplace Safety products to individuals and businesses of all sizes including contractors, SMEs, major companies, organisations and all levels of Government.
We can supply Safety Goggles in various quantities and offer volume discounts for larger orders. We can also assist in the selection of the correct Safety Goggles and Protective Eyewear according to your industry and work environment. For Businesses, Organisations & Government Departments with 15 or more employees, we offer Free Trials & Samples for onsite testing prior to order placement.
On Hand to Help
If you have any questions, need a hand in selecting the right Safety Goggles or want to find out more about our Capabilities & Services, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us and a member of our team will be glad to assist.